Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (2nd Gen) Audio Interface
The Most Versatile USB-Powered Audio Interface
The Ins and Outs you need
With Scarlett 2i4 your recordings will sound just how you want them. Two combination inputs with natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps, line level inputs and newly-designed instrument inputs let you record anything you want. The four analogue outputs and MIDI I/O make the Scarlett 2i4 ideal for the modern music producer using outboard synths or performing live. Use the 1/4 inch balanced jack outputs to connect to professional studio monitors, or the four RCA outputs to connect to a home speaker system or DJ mixer.
New Generation - Better in every way
The second generation Scarlett range is packed full of upgrades. New super-low latency* will bring confidence to your performance, letting you record and monitor with software effects in real time. New metal gain controls and a sleeker red metal chassis reassure you of its improved industrial design, built to go anywhere. The Scarlett range also now operates at sample rates all the way up to 192kHz, and the input channels have evolved too. The latest Scarlett mic preamp features a more even gain structure, so you can accurately set your levels, and the instrument input has also been completely redesigned so it can handle seriously hot pick-ups. Finally, Focusrite have provided analogue protection circuitry across both the inputs and the outputs, to guard your interface against unwanted power surges.
Ready to record, anywhere
Compact and portable enough to take anywhere, you won't even need a power supply; Scarlett 2i4 is connected and powered by a single USB cable. It also comes with the software and effects you need to start recording; an exclusive version of Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack, Ableton Live Lite, the Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite's Red Plug-In Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples and more.
Ideal for anyone who needs a cue mix for performing or recording
The compact and flexible 2-in, 4-out USB audio interface makes it easy to perform and record studio quality audio against a cue mix. Take it anywhere, connect by USB and get two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps, super-low latency*, MIDI I/O, four analogue outputs and the same class-leading sound quality and digital conversion as the rest of the latest Scarlett range.
Designed For Guitarists
No matter how loud you play, or how hot your pick-ups, the newly-designed instrument inputs can handle it. You'll be free to play without the worry of unwanted distortion.
Crisp and Clear Conversion
Converting your performance into digital audio and back again is the most important part of the recording process. We’ve been making class-leading converters for over 20 years, and Scarlett 2i4 has the best converters of any interface in its class.
You can hear the difference! Every part of your recording will be beautifully crisp and clear, even when you’re playing softly. This means you can amplify your quieter moments without any unwanted hiss or buzzing.
- Two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain
- Two newly-designed instrument input, designed for seriously hot pick-ups
- Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz / 24 bit
- Super-low latency* for using your plug-ins in real time without the need for DSP
- Cue mix switching, with four analogue outputs
- One headphones output with gain control
- MIDI I/O connectivity, ideal for sending/receiving MIDI notes from a Stage Piano
- Compact and tough enough to take anywhere
- Powered by USB so you don't need to carry a power cable
- Includes Pro Tools | First - Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite
- All the additional software and loops you need to start recording
What's in the box:
- Scarlett 2i4 (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface
- USB Cable
- Bundle code for your free software
- Mac OS X Yosemite, El Capitan
- Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 10
- Red 2 & 3 Plug-in Suite
- Softube Time & Tone Pack
- Pro Tools First | First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- 2 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
- Novation Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
- New Software Edition: The Addictive Keys virtual instrument from XLN Audio is free with Focusrite interfaces. One full license per account enables you to choose one Addictive Keys instrument, such as Modern Upright, Studio Grand, Electric Grand or Mark One.
Weights and Dimensions:
- 0.92kg (with accessories)
- 0.87kg (without accessories)
- 4.7cm x 21.0cm x 13.8cm (H x W x D)
Supported Operating Systems
- Mac OSX 10.10 Yosemite or 10.11 El Capitan
- Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 8.1, Windows 10
* What is latency?
Scarlett 2nd Generation interfaces have lower latency than any other USB audio interfaces. Take a look at this short video to see for yourself how latency can cause problems when recording, and find out what you can do to overcome it.