This product is discontinued but we can advise on alternatives. Check below for related products. If you can't find something suitable on the site, please contact us
The DDJ-SX3 Serato DJ Pro controller from Pioneer - Clubtek's verdict
The best just got better. The DDJ-SX2 was already outstanding but now the SX3 lets DJs and computers change without a break, making it the perfect Serato controller for small venues and mobile DJ teams. The dedicated mike channel, mike compression and reverb plus better effects are the icing on the cake.
Pioneer DDJ-SX3 Serato Controller
The Pioneer DDJ-SX3 has several improvements on the massively popular DDJ-SX2:
- 2 USB ports for seamless computer changeovers
- four colour effects (instead of 1)
- additional dedicated mic input channel on front
- mic reverb and compression
- apply Serato Pro FX to mic channels
- key shift / sync buttons
With a familiar layout and a high-quality casing, the Pioneer DDJ-SX3 improves on the DDJ-SX2, which earned a strong reputation with a wide range of people including professional mobile DJs.
Pioneer DDJ-SX3 Features
Designed for dedicated use with Serato DJ Pro (previously known as Serato DJ), the features and expanded connectivity of the new Pioneer DDJ-SX3 controller enable you to make smooth transitions between DJs, guest speakers, musical genres and individual tracks. With a familiar layout and a high-quality casing, the DDJ-SX3 improves on the DDJ-SX2, which earned a strong reputation with a wide range of people including professional mobile DJs.
The new controller’s intuitive interface and professional features let you bring fresh creativity to your performances at all kinds of gigs, from club nights and parties to weddings and corporate events. The Pioneer DDJ-SX3 also offers expanded connectivity to give you greater flexibility when you’re juggling DJs, MCs and guest speakers. Changeovers are now seamless, even when the DJ playing before you uses a different laptop, as you can each plug into one of the dual USB ports at the same time.
Thanks to the dedicated Mic input terminal on the front of the Pioneer DDJ-SX3, you can talk to the crowd without needing to occupy any of the four mixer channels. And with twin Mic inputs on the rear of the controller, you can keep hold of one Mic while another two are out on the floor, without interrupting your mix. Control the level, tweak EQs and apply FX to all three Mics independently. Spice up your sets with the four popular Sound Color FX and use the Key Shift, Key Sync and Pitch Play features to effortlessly mix tracks harmonically and create live remixes.
- Three Mic inputs, plus Mic FX. Mic input circuit: Clear audio without distortion, even with high input level.
- Dual USB ports. Connect two computers running Serato DJ Pro at the same time for seamless DJ transitions or back-to-back performances. Or connect a backup computer in case your laptop crashes.
- Sound Color FX. Add texture and unique sounds to your mixes using the popular Filter, Echo, Jet and Noise FX.
- Clear visual design maximising Serato DJ Pro features.
- Multicoloured Performance Pads. Trigger 11 Serato DJ Pro features including Hot Cues, Sampler and Pitch Play with the large, multicoloured Performance Pads. Watch their colours and illumination change instantly to show the selected pad mode and playing status.
- Jog wheels with reduced latency. Scratching feels natural on the jog wheels, which feature reduced latency compared to those on the DDJ-SX2. Get instant information about the current playback status and position from the illuminating On Jog Display for more precise performances.
- Clear design with quality look and feel.
- Advanced key-related features via Pitch 'n Time DJ (licence included). A voucher for Serato Pitch 'n Time DJ is included with the DDJ-SX3 so you can use Key Shift, Key Sync, Pitch Play and other advanced features to smoothly and harmonically mix tracks. Adjust the key of tracks by semitone with Key Shift, and sync the keys of tracks during mixes with Key Sync. Pitch Play lets you trigger your Hot Cues in a range of different keys and assign them to the controller’s Performance Pads so you can play them like a keyboard.
- Stand-alone DJ mixer with multiple inputs/outputs. The DDJ-SX3 has four external input terminals for multi players, turntables, DJ controllers and more. Connect various types of speakers to the XLR and RCA master out terminals and the TRS jack booth out terminal. You can also use the DDJ-SX3 as a stand-alone DJ mixer without connecting a computer. Connect multi players and analog turntables and use them with the controller’s mixer section.
- Serato Flip: A voucher for Serato Flip is included with the DDJ-SX3 so you can create and save Hot Cue sequences to make custom edits of your tracks and use the dedicated Serato Flip controls to play them back at the touch of a button. Get even more creative by skipping or repeating track sections on the fly.
- Grab handles on both sides: Easy to carry and set up.
- Needle search pad: Instantly jump to a specific part of a track with a simple touch of the pad.
- Slip Mode: Silently keeps a track playing during a loop, sample, or Hot Cue. Release the jog wheel and the track comes back at exactly the right place.
Specifications of the Pioneer DDJ-SX3
- Software: Serato DJ Pro (previously known as Serato DJ)
- S/N Ratio: 107 dB (USB), 96 dB (LINE), 87 dB (PHONO), 80 dB (MIC)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.003% (USB), 0.005% (LINE)
LINE/PHONO x 2 (RCA)
LINE x 2 (RCA)
MIC x 3 (XLR & 1/4-inch TRS jack x 1, XLR x 1, 1/4-inch TRS jack x 1)
MASTER x 2 (XLR x 1, RCA x 1)
BOOTH OUT x 1(1/4 inch TRS),
PHONES x 2 (1/4 inch stereo phone jack x 1, 3.5 mm stereo mini jack x 1)
- USB: (Type B) x 2
- Maximum Dimensions (WｘDｘH): 664.0 × 354.4 × 70.4 mm
- Weight: 6.1 kg
- Accessories: AC adaptor, Power cord, USB cable, Quick Start Guide, Serato DJ Pro Expansion Pack Voucher (Serato Flip and Pitch 'n Time DJ)